Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Farmhouse Table




Materials:
7- 2x6's
5- 2x4's
2 1/2" pocket screws (between 50-75)
2 1/2" Wood Screws
Wood Glue

Various Tools: 
Kreg Jig
Mitre Saw
Drill
Level
Square
Clamps

Cut 7- 2x6's to the desired length. I chose 48" plus the two breadboard ends putting the grand total length of the table at 59". Drill pocket holes to join the boards together (along with glue). Glue it and Screw it as I say! 


The table legs are a simple Roman Numeral II design. I didn't want to mess with angles and such, so I just made everything nice and square. The table legs used the 2x4's. Fix the finished legs to the tabletop considering room on the ends of the table for putting chairs there. (This is about 12") 

Always check the clearance paint rack because you might find an awesome stain or paint. This beautiful color was $2.50!


The finished table top is drying. I decided to put only one coat of stain on it. I wanted the wood grain to show through, plus some lighter spots so as to make it look weathered.


It was evening when I finally got the legs built and painted, so this picture doesn't really do it justice, but you get the idea. A few coats of clear coat will help to protect this from messy little eaters and rogue drinks. I have yet to get to that as I have been simultaneously building a new guest room bed and coffee table. ;) 

I decided I wasn't going to build the chairs, I was going to find 3 sets of 2 chairs in varying (but coordinating) design. I will take my time with this find, so the card table chairs will have to do for now! 


Follow me on IG @she.builds.nc 






No comments:

Post a Comment